I-CAT Cone Beam 3-D Dental Imaging System
The current emerging standard of care in dental implantology is the use of three dimensional x-ray studies. The 3-D images allow the doctor to collect the needed and highly valuable diagnostic information so they can best plan and deliver surgical care.
i-CAT Cone Beam 3D Imaging provides three-dimensional imaging to the periodontal community, right in the practice office. The system offers active sagittal, coronal, and axial viewing and manipulation. It enhances diagnosis and treatment planning by providing more accurate imaging. Using the 3-D mapping tool, periodontal professionals can easily format and select desired slices for immediate viewing. Cone Beam imaging delivers quicker and easier image acquisition a typical scan takes only 20 seconds.
The patient benefits from less radiation as well as the comfortable, open environment. Aside from the physical comfort of this system, the doctor can share a visual diagnosis with patients, making them more comfortable with their treatment plan and actively participate in their care. The speed of the scan and the immediate results allows the doctor and patient to better communicate the aspects of a case.
Benefits of Using the i-CAT Compared to traditional CT scans:
• Offers advanced imaging within the practice
• Allows doctors to visualize anatomy that can not be diagnosed externally or in 2 dimensional images.
• Safer - delivers less radiation to the patient than traditional CT scans.
• Open environment ensures patient comfort.
• Thorough diagnostic information (optimum view of the critical anatomy of all oral and maxillofacial structures.)
• More accurate treatment planning - confirm certain treatments are necessary.
• More predictable treatment outcomes.
• Delivers quicker and easier image acquisition - typical scan takes only 20 seconds.